04 June 2012

Slow Lane

Unfortunately study has been coming first before reading, which I don't love, but holidays soon after my last exam and then I plan to devour a number of novels and spend a significant amount of time in front of the fire.

I have started on 'The Midwich Cuckoos' by John Wyndham and have appreciated that it hasn't captured my attention completely so I can study and still have a mildly interesting read to wake up to and read before catching some zzz's.

I was talking to my boss about books the other day and he said he doesn't like to read at night and that made me a little sad; thinking what life would be like without entering a wonderful fictional land to dream about all night. I suppose the ability to instantly sleep would be of greater value to a number of people, but I have read before sleep for as long as I have been able to read and can imagine no better way to end the day.

I have just received a distinction on an assessment, so I shall utilise that as motivation for my last day of study.
K.

No comments: